Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Charlie Bartlett


I am going to talk about the movie Charlie Bartlett. Rating:R (Warning! This contains spoilers!)

I saw this movie recently and these are my thoughts on it: The movie, great. The plot, kind of depressing. When I say the plot I mean the main plot. There are some smaller plots earlier in the movie, but they solve quickly and in my opinion, that makes the movie more enjoyable. The movie is very enjoyable as it is, but if you think about it, the genre of this movie is fantasy!
To sell prescription drugs to teenagers and expect them to use them responsibly is an unreal thought. In fact, one of the mini-plots includes someone overdosing. I personally love Robert Downey Junior, so I'm glad he was in this movie. The main plot includes him losing his job and being sad and drunk.
The movie did well in the box office, and got 55% good reviews on Rottentomatoes.com, so it wasn't the best movie ever, but in my opinion, it was very nice to watch.
I think the title was a very good choice, because if it was called something like "The Drug Dealer" people would think it would be a "French Connection" kind of movie, and if you call it something like, "The Kid Psychiatrist" then people would think it would be a movie version of one of those cheesy books made for eight and nine-year-olds.
I thought it was a really funny movie. I especially like this piece of dialogue:
Some guy Charlie is helping: I can't handle this place.
Charlie: Well duh dude this place sucks.
I would definantly reccomend this movie. If they could fit Adam Sandler in that movie somewhere it would be absolutely perfect.
That's all!

No comments: