Sunday, December 28, 2008

More M. Night Shyamalan movies that I have seen

There are two more M. Night Shyamalan movies that I have seen.

The first one is The Village. Rating: PG 13

I saw this movie pretty recently and every thought I have about it uses the word pretty. I thought it was pretty good, pretty weird, pretty scary, and pretty not enough action. I know that last sentence didn't make sense, but that's my thought on it.

After seeing this one, I realized that M. Night Shyamalan likes using the same actors in his movies. He reuses Joaquin Phoenix from Signs, and he uses the lady from Lady in the Water. Bruce Willis is also in Lady in the Water...or maybe he's in Unbreakable. I don't remember, but you get the point. The end was a lot scarier than the beginning, which means in my opinion usually, that the end is better, and this case is usual. I give this movie a 7 and a half out of 10.



The last movie I saw was The Happening. Rating: R



I can describe this movie in only one word: Graphic!!! There was a part where a man set a lawn a mower on himself and you expect the camera to turn away but it doesn't. This movie got terrible reviews, because people said it was anti-evolution. I didn't really think so; I thought it was actually pretty good. It was nice and disturbing just how I like, and the end was so awesome. I'm not gonna give it away though. What I noticed in this one was that M. Night Shyamalan likes to put very little language and sex/nudity in his movies. This one really scared me because what if everyone started killing themselves.

These are the four M. Night Shyamalan movies that I have seen. Let me note that he is one of my favorite writers/directors.

No comments: